Selling Your Practice?
For attorneys planning their practice exit strategy, it’s time to set out the wind down steps, the financial cash flow, and client transition plan. Whether a retiring baby boomer, a practitioner seeking alternate career options, or an attorney challenged with a significant health issue, our “Practices in Transition” program might be the financial transition that works.
ADVANTAGES FOR THE ATTORNEY IN TRANSITION
- Orderly transition of clients;
- No expensive outside valuation required;
- One to two years of gradual wind down/part time work;
- Staff support plus an end to their current lease;
- Income stream or “residuals” from their good reliable clients plus new client fees; and
- Satisfaction in transferring clients to a reputable firm designed to meet their future needs.
PRACTICE AREAS DESIRED
- Small business or medium size corporations: general business matters, including incorporation and LLC formation; annual meetings; board development and training; real estate; employment issues; contracts; joint ventures; merger/acquisitions; domestic or foreign; non-profits.
- Estate planning or business/family succession planning needs: wills, durable powers, living and irrevocable trusts, separate property agreements, shareholder agreements, and succession plans/retreats or coaching.
- Intellectual property protection and registration: identification of trademark, copyright and trade secret rights; filing for U.S. or foreign protection; licensing agreements; sourcing contract; trade secret protection plans; NDAs and risk protection.
For more information on our Attorneys in Transition program, please contact us today.